Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Gearing up for Autumn

It is starting to be that time of the year that I love. Ahh Autumn I have always enjoyed the sunny days and cooler nights. It makes me want to curl up with a book and a mug of apple cider. 

I also start to think about the holiday known as Halloween! I love to decorate for this! I have already started envisioning how I want it to look. I think it will be leaning towards something I have done in the past but put some different aspects to it. I guess it could be called Gothic Whimsy. 

Here is a peek at my current project. I wanted to make a fence of sorts going around the top of my bookcases. So I purchased garden fencing from Lowe's and had my husband cut off the stakes and mount it to a piece of wood so that it would stand up on its own. He also cut off the upper loops to make it fit in the space above the cabinets. This is the before. Please excuse the grainy quality, it was taken by my phone.




I liked it, but it needed to look old and distressed, so I painted it. I used plain acrylic craft paint and an almost worn out 1-inch paint brush. I used a light and dark brown, an orange, black and white. I started to dab different colors here and there. It wasn't hard at all. I love the way it came out. It totally looks like rusty metal now. I can't wait to put it all up and make the place all spooky yet elegant. I will post more pics when I have it completely decorated.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be posted after review from me.